Monday, November 15, 2010

Macbeth Blog 2

The scene I am doing with my group is Act 2 Scene 3. In the previous scene, Macbeth murders King Duncan. To my understanding, this scene presents a lot of foreshadowing that helps create later events in the play. For example, we first encounter Macduff as he enters the play from a gate that the porter references as "hell-gate." "If a man were porter of hell-gate, he should have old turning the key" -Porter
This is ironic as well as an example of foreshadowing as Macduff eventually kills Macbeth later in the play.


The 2 EQ's I choose to connect to are  "How power corrupts" and "How far one was willing to go to get what he/she desires the most." This scene connects to these EQ's because of the actions of Macbeth to attempt to cover up his evil deeds. Macbeth goes as far as framing the innocent guards and making it seem as if they were the ones to murder the king, in order to keep his evil doing a secret. Macbeth states that he killed the guards on behalf of revenge for the king.
"O, yet I do repent me of my fury, that I did kill them." - Macbeth
Macbeth lies to several people in order to successfully transition into the title of king. These actions show how power has corrupted him, and how far he went in order for people to believe his false story.

1 comment:

  1. I like taht you are bringnng in support. In class chat with me more about the first quote adn hells gate-true he is forsahdowingg but what else do you think he is doing? Also you need to explain why you think it is ironic.

    ReplyDelete